Thursday 21 June 2018

He Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

I couldn't resist doing this model...Absolutely, nothing to do with anything, except a bit of nostalgia about Tempo plastic soldiers (if you remember them)!

As inspiration, I guess I have fond memories of that old 1947 John Wayne movie 'She Wore a Yellow Ribbon'. But, I also recently bought a copy of G.I.'s 'Sound the Charge: The U.S. Cavalry in the American West, 1866-1916'.




I'm a bit happier with the way I did the rider's legs with this model, but there's still room for improvement (as usual).

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Your painting, sir, is incredible! There is a fine line between not enough details and too many details on these "toy soldier" figures, but you have hit that spot on!

    It is difficult to me to fathom how any youngster who has an interest in playing with toy soldiers would not want to have a floor full of these fellows, battling out make-believe conflicts for their share of the living room.

    ReplyDelete