Saturday 19 June 2021

Juggling Jobs! June 2021

 Yes, I've been amiss with my posting. This is due to a flurry of numerous diverse projects I've been trying to complete - mainly household jobs - over the past month.

At the top of the list is the tidying up and reorganisation of my man-cave in the attic. I've been busily clearing out junk and eBaying a LOT of stuff that I do not need or have time for any more. I had no idea that eBay was so time consuming, it's a hobby on it's own!

Anyway, modelling has ground to a near halt because of this and I'm having to put what time I do have into my Christmas gifts schedule, as this *cannot* fall behind as I am making ALL my family presents myself this year. Sadly, personal projects - like peg soldiers - has suffered as a result.

Still, it might interest you to see the completion photos of my 'Olde Worlde Christmas Shoppe' prototype as the building process will have will have an impact on future military projects for this blog...

This is roughly 1/72 in scale I reckon and would have been a terrific learning experience for when I was doing WW2 military wargame models (but I have knocked this hobby on the head). It is, however, giving me lots of ideas for toy soldier projects in larger scales (28mm and 50mm), the first of which is quite simple - a sentry box model for my peg soldiers.

Xmas Shoppe Prototype - Complete

So...Onward and upwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment