Thursday 28 June 2018

Thursday Update - D&D and Racers.

The soldiers are on the back burner at the moment while I fiddle about with a few practise models. I'm still learning about the best techniques for painting on wood and stylising the designs. So, I'm not giving these little diversions their own specific post, just these updates...

D&D Adventurers
These are a fun little side-line, they are for my D&D group. Just a little something so that we can visualise our characters a little better. The figures are a barbarian warrior (me), a druid and a fireball throwing wizard!

With these I tried out 'Green Stuff' putty for the first time (instead of my usual Milliput). It's a little easier to mould than Milliput - which is a little softer until it starts hardening - and easier to mix in the right proportion (like Lilliput, it's a two-part putty)...


Unlike my other peg figures I added a few more accessories and created some items using the Green Stuff. It seemed appropriate to customise the figures to look more like the player's characters.


I'm sticking to grey primer - rather than white - though there isn't really any great advantage as far as I can tell. I just prefer it - though it is a little easier to photograph.

The next stage will be for me to sketch in the clothing and features ready for painting.

Peg Racers
The other little job I'm tinkering with is my little set of 1930's style toy racing cars. Just a bit of fun, but also a useful learning experience. I'm interested to see what I can make from wood.


I'm keeping the construction and painting very simple.

Well, that's it for now - I'm sorting out my backlog of soldiers to see what I should finish off first. All this practise if building up my confidence.

1 comment:

  1. Can’t wait to see the D&D guys painted! The cars look great, I am especially partial to the purple one.

    ReplyDelete