Tuesday 6 October 2020

Peg Monoplane (Boeing P.26) Complete

 What with the Christmas gift-making schedule my Funny Little Soldier production has slowed down markedly at the moment. But I'm still trying hard to slip a wee military model in between the other work!

Today I completed my latest wooden peg aeroplane, my stylised take on the charming 1930s American Boeing P.26 pursuit aircraft...




The P.26 (or 'Peashooter' as it was nicknamed) was a little anachronistic even when it was first deployed by the US Army Air Corp, it's a bit shocking to think that just three years after the P.26 went into service the Germans had produced the Me109 and the British Hawker Hurricane was in the air!

Cute just couldn't cut it anymore!

I'd like to do some more 1930s monoplane fighters, maybe a Mitsubishi A5M or a Dewoitine D.500 or a PZL P.11?

No comments:

Post a Comment