Sunday 27 September 2020

Sunday Roundup 27/09/20

 Everything is sort of 'between' or 'in the works' at the moment so there's not much to show you, particularly by way of military models. 😟 (But they are definitely on the way!)

So, here are some snapshots of what is on the main painting bench at the moment...

My little Boeing P.26 is coming along nicely and should be finished soon. I've really enjoyed making this model, the design worked out very nicely, so much so that I can see me making more models based off the design. I'll probably be following up my original plan for this and make a slightly modified monoplane but in Molatarian colours so I can add it to my air force!

Next up are the series of Christmas tree decorations that I've designed - part of my plan to make a lot of my festive gifts this year - though, luckily, these little pegs are quick to do...

On a similar theme, I've also started painting my peg mini-nutcrackers, but I'm starting with a sort of un-traditional figure for my eldest daughter who is a bit grinchy when it comes to the festive season. So I'm making a set of decorations that are probably more to her twisted tastes! 😃

Yarrr be a Christmas pirate... Dunno what pirates have to do with Xmas, but who doesn't like pirates?

Even more left-field is the work I'm doing on my latest set of Lovecraft Mythos inspired figures, including this model of a Wendigo (no, it's not a reindeer for another Xmas gift idea)! 😂

And finally, a set which is totally unrelated to toy soldiers but has, in fact, taught me a couple of additional techniques that I will certainly be adding into future models - my completed Wedding Cake Toppers!

Now, this project has actually given me a few ideas regarding Funny Little War related models, specifically adding civilian costumed models into my collection. I have seen other FLW collectors who have already done this by adding nurses, photographers and members of the aristocracy to their game tables to add some amusing atmosphere.

I'd personally love to do some period costume models (especially Edwardian).

And that's it for this weekend! 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment