Sunday 18 October 2020

Streaming or Videoing my Work?

 I've dipped my toe in the water of video tutorials before (just a bit) and the idea appeals to me as while still photos of model making processes is OK they are only moments in time. Often the important parts - which I am often asked about - were the moment before or the moment after the moment I took the photo! 😖

Being able to see the full flow of the crafting of a model seems to be a lot more instructional, indeed I myself prefer watching other model makers videos when I want to learn how to do something.

I've already experimented in the past (secretly) with 'top down' video composition so I can see how small models look in frame and to work out how to light them and investigate issues like focus and exposure...

I still hadn't got the lighting quite right, but I'm happy that the focus and resolution is correct and that viewers can make out the detail (important for craft tutorial videos, of course).

Hopefully, the idea of tutorial videos will appeal and if things go well enough I might even push the boat out with some live streaming 'how tos'!

Any comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment