Sunday 6 September 2020

Peg Monoplane No. 1 - Progress Update

It's been a long week and a busy weekend, but I managed to reach my goal of getting the main construction of my monoplane done by Sunday evening (before I settle down to watch a movie)! 👍 

This project has been completely problem free - so far - and went together really quite quickly (for me). Obviously the model is a simplified - almost cartoonish - take on the aircraft which inspired the design (the Boeing P. 26), but even so I am quite pleased with the progress... Particularly because I have so many projects on the workbench at the moment.

I really like making my self-imposed 'Sunday night deadline' as it give me a real sense of achievement and I feel like I have actually done something before I return to work on Monday morning.



There's not much I can tell you about the construction really as the accompanying photos say it all, I think. However, I should point out that I have not made the engine and propeller part of the model yet as I want to install this after I have painted the rest of the aircraft. [I'm working out how to make the prop free spinning.]

Well, that's another weekend gone. I am starting to think seriously - though - about my peg model hobby and how it's kinda starting to take over everything. I've almost totally ceased a couple of my other hobbies and their associated blogs and I am aware that peg model making has hijacked this blog as well.

I have NOT lost interest in Molatero and the idea of creating a Funny Little Wars army, but at the same time the making of funny little peg soldiers seems to fit into this blog quite nicely. Though, I may stray slightly off-topic on occasion with my tenuously related non-military peg project - such as my Lovecraftian Horror based figures and Pop Culture characters. O hope you - my audience - will forgive their trespass! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment