Monday 7 September 2020

Lovecraftian Pegs!

 I guess this comes under the 'slightly off topic' heading for this blog! But as usual, my excuse is that all my peg characters are great practise for making better toy soldiers! (And I'm sticking with that!) 😂

For those who do not know 'Lovecraftian' refers to subjects relating to the works of the horror author H. P. Lovecraft and in particular to those things connected to his 'Cthulhu Mythos'...


Some of you may be watching HBO's 'Lovecraft Country' at the moment and my 'Lovecraftian' pegs relate to this sort of sinister supernatural mystery/detective narrative. Think of a cross between Scooby Doo and the X-Files and you get the gist - but base it in the 1920s and 30s. 👍

Anyhoo, here's my latest duo. I'm doing these figures in pair, including one 'good guy/gal' and one 'baddie' and in this case I have a heroine called 'Rosie the Librarian' and a dodgy Mythos cult goon in the shape of a Innsmouth Fishman!

In all, I'll probably be producing a series of about a dozen of these peg characters covering a sample of well known archetypes within the Mythos stories. Once done, I'll then move onto another series based on other popular literary or media fiction such as - for example (off the top of my head and in no particular order) 'StarTrek', 'IT Crowd', 'Parks & Recreation', 'Classic Hammer Horror', etc, etc...

Enjoy! (Hopefully.)

1 comment: