Saturday 15 June 2013

Glossing over toy soldiers!

Put the final touch to my long suffering test model and gave him a few layers of clear lacquer...



I don't know if it's just me but all of a sudden this shouts 'toy soldier'! Before I was - well, not disappointed, but I thought something was missing, but now it has all come together. Glossing your soldiers really does put the cherry on the cake!

And one more thing I changed. I have repainted the base a vivid grass green, again this seems to say toy soldier more than the dull mid-green I had before. I think that it reminds me of Britains toy soldiers?

...Oh cake! Tea and cake...

2 comments:

  1. Gloss is good! I really like the look you have gone for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tim, very nice of you. I am finding this incredibly relaxing...Though let's see if I still think that when I am painting the other 18! :)

      I am thinking light cavalry next. AiP do some nice Egyptian lancers.

      Delete