Saturday 3 March 2018

Pawn Stars - Part 2 'B'!

The thing about modelling last thing at night is you always seem to end up thinking you are disappointed with what you did, only to come down the next morning to think 'actually, that's not that bad'! This is, perhaps, one of those cases...

Basically, I couldn't resist tinkering after I posted up the last blog post in this series. I know I said that these little pawns are perhaps too small for proper arms, but as they are experiments I thought 'dang it, I'm going to experiment'. And so, I made some arms.



As you can see, I still haven't made fully rounded '3-D' arms for my little 'Johnny Reb', instead I tried out something suitably 'low profile'. They are simply strips of styrene with separate little tabs wrapped over the gun for 'hands'.

Thinking more about it, I maybe could have foregone the hand tabs and simply painted them on the gun, to save even more time and effort.

In any event, they make the 'port arms' pose a little more believable (rather than just having the musket hanging there magically all by itself).

(Oh, PS...I have left my French soldier without these arms so I can compare the effects.)

3 comments:

  1. Why do your little wooden soldiers remind me of Michael Bentine's "Potty Time"? I've just been watching (with Granddaughter) his take on 'Where Eagles Dare' and 'Three Musketeers',

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's absolutely spooky. I was actually thinking of including a picture of 'Potty Time' figures in my last post...I was a huge fan of Potty Time when I was a teenager. :D - Great minds and all that!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, experimenting is really a rabbit hole. :)

    ReplyDelete