Although I have had my own wire armature done for a wee while now I have been rather cowardly putting off actually starting the sculpting stage of the project. Well, last night I took the plunge and began to mark out the main joints and muscle mass areas using some Milliput.
One problem I found - and this seems to be a constant theme - is that although the Historex says that it's figure is 54mm I found this figure a little too large. But as a anatomical template it is still very useful.
I will probably take my time with this first full figure sculpt, adding the body mass in small layers. I have let this first basic areas I have done dry overnight and I will next start to fill in some of the limbs and trunk areas.