Saturday 17 April 2021

Invasion of Mars, 1899 - Grenadier Officer

Well, I completed my first prototype figure for my 'Invasion of Mars, 1899' series. It was a bit more involved than my normal 50mm peg soldiers but I did enjoy making it.



I can now get on with the rest of this unit (six figures total) with the 'ordinary ranks' carrying heavy rifles with under-slung rockets. 

Unfortunately, I didn't take into consideration the magnetising of this unit which would have been handy as the air tanks make it rather top-heavy. I am now wondering if I can modify it with a tiny magnet which I could fit into the shallow base. ???

If I can manage to fit a magnet I could then make a unit base with it's own small magnets. Hmmm (today's project).

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Have you considered using magnetic sheets cut to shape and stuck underneath?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent idea! Thanks... Will give this a try.

      Delete
  2. A figure full of character, I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I am a bit excited about seeing a full unit of these. Making individual characters is one thing but doing units will add to the effect!

      Delete