Wednesday 19 August 2020

Dad's Army Characters WiP

 Finished work on the construction of my next batch of peg soldiers based on the classic British TV series 'Dad's Army'. This will be the first time I have made WW2 themed peg figures and although they are a wee bit out of my usual comfort zone of 19th century military based figures I found them quite enjoyable to make...

Left to right: Warden Hodges (booo!), Sgt. Wilson and Corp. Jones.

These are now ready to prime (grey acrylic spray) and then paint and although khaki battledress is somewhat bland compared to their 1800's equivalent they have their own antique charm I think!

Talking about 1800's uniforms, it struck me that I have already done a British army uniform that is similar to that work in some of the episodes of the series by Lance Corporal Jones - the character who was a veteran of the Sudan (1896–1899), the Boer War (1899–1901)...

It might be nice - if I have the time at some point - to do these peg characters again but dressed in the gear they wore in the very first episode of 'Dad's Army' (before they were issued with their khaki uniforms).

No comments:

Post a Comment