Tuesday 2 March 2021

1927 US Marine with Tommy Gun

 First of my 'good guys' for my Assault on Innsmouth' series, 'Sarge' is the lynch-pin of my little RPG team. Hopefully, you will be somewhat familiar with the mythos of H. P. Lovecraft but if not think of a darker version of Scooby-Doo with lots of tentacles involved! (LOL - I simplify a lot here!) 😂

Anyway, I simplified the 1920s era USMC uniform a bit but I think it's been done in the right spirit. I'm really quite interested in this Inter-War period of the 1920 & 30s as it has a lot of potential for Pulp/Steampunk sci-fi and horror tabletop game scenarios.

I quite like this figure, he has a lot of character and it did tempt me to make a whole squad made up of marines turning a Lovecraftian scenario into a sort of retro 'Aliens' bug hunt! 😆 But, in the end, I'm sticking to my original idea of making a more diverse investigative team.

Starting to get a small army of peg figures - going to have to start looking at getting a display cabinet of some type.


Glad I decided to add the cigar!

2 comments:

  1. He has come out really well indeed, full of character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks great! The cigar is the perfect addition - something straight out of the war comics/movies.

    ReplyDelete