Sunday 1 July 2018

Peg D&D Druid Completed

Well, another figure off the production line. I'm really pleased with the new Posca Paint Pens, they did - indeed - work fine with my normal spray lacquer without any bleeding whatsoever. Win!




This was an interesting little project to do as - because these were bespoke custom characters for individual D&D players - each figure in this series will have very specific features and accessories and aren't quite as simplistic as the other peg figures that I have done so far.

In this case, the addition of a fur effect paint job, a magik tome, and - which turned out to be the trickiest bit - a Native American skin tone. The skin tone took me three attempts before  I was happy with it.

I have four more characters in this series to do for the rest of our adventuring group; a barbarian warrior (me), a wizard, and (female) thief and a novice (female) druid. I only highlight 'female' as I have to figure out what stylistic shorthand I might use to denote a specific gender (another first for me).

Again, all this seems a little 'off topic' for this - supposedly - FLW Molatero themed blog BUT this is all much needed practise before I embark on a set of Molatarian peg figures. I want to have nailed this peg figure format before I start on these.

2 comments:

  1. Great figure,the pens have worked really well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great! I especially like the lighter fur around the edges of the shirt/tunic. Native American/Inuit is tough because so much of the clothing relies on texture to be convincing. But I think you did a great job with it. I am again amazed and pleasantly surprised at how much can be accomplished in terms of painting on a flat surface. As mini painters we rely so much on the sculpt, but these figures show that we do not have to.

    ReplyDelete