Wednesday 15 February 2017

I remember...

In fact, this is not an abandoned blog. It's just that the past year has been a bit of a funny one filled with a multitude of life events in one rather uncomfortable package! (I won't bore you, but suffice to say I've had a lot on my plate!)

Anyway, as it happens I've just been doing some work that has reminded me how much I enjoyed painting 1/32 scale figures, so I thought I'd post it up as it seems vaguely relevant...


This 1/32 scale British WW2 Tommy is, of course, a good old Airfix figure. I was using it to test out some painting techniques and colours for a 28mm figure project that I am planning.

After doing this happy little chap, I did consider maybe carrying on and doing a few more from the 'British Support Weapons' set that I have (I recall buying it so I had some 1/32 Vickers .303 machine guns to tinker with). But, I can ill afford yet another diversion.

However, it has caused me to get out some of my 1/32 Molatarian figures and stick them back in the project cue, so that I have some variation from the WW2 themed models that I am starting to amass.

I still prefer my flat 'toy soldier' painting style for my Molatarians over the shaded technique shown above. But, it's interesting to compare the two styles....

>Dust blown off blog! <

3 comments:

  1. Hope the coming year will be better for you ans good to have you blogging again.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life can serve up a whole lot of poop sometimes, but lets hope 2017 is better for you. Cracking painting, but I agree with you that block painting toy soldier style suits 54mm figures best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big thank you for the kind words...Don't want to tempt fate, but hopefully 2017 will be a better year. You never know what life will throw at you, though. Ah, well...I'm still smiling.

    ReplyDelete