Sunday 9 August 2020

Back from Hospital!

 Bah! Another short visit to hospital (nothing too serious - but it needed sorting) and so yet another knock to my schedule! 😕

Today, being Sunday, I had a bit of a relax and tinkered about with various projects on my little workbench (though the good news is that my main full-sized man-cave work area is nearly back in action). It's all a bit of a mish-mash of little jobs but I thought I'd post up some pics...

Above: Lots going on here, some soldiers and some RPG figures plus different
accessory mini-projects.

The military related figures are a series I am working on based on the classic 'Dad's Army' TV show. I am just putting together three pegs representing The Warden (boooo!), Sargent Wilson and Corporal 'They Don't Like It Up 'Em' Jones...

One other thing worth mentioning is a new tool I am using which compliments my little mobile workbench tray (which I use when I want to work in the lounge in front of the TV). My usual electric rotary tool is my trusty Dremmel Model 3000 (wired 130wt) tool BUT - while superb - this multi-tool is a little cumbersome and too powerful for small modelling and crafts really.

So, I ordered one of those very cheap rechargeable Chinese knock-off versions of a Dremmel. While these have a poor rating for their intended use (general light DIY) their low power is exactly right for working with light woods and plastics. Also, being wireless it's very easy to use and control one handed for small intricate jobs...

The tool is so light that you can easily use it like a pen to inscribe or engrave - something I just cannot do with my lump of a Dremmel (without attaching a separate accessory). It charges via USB - which is great - and it holds a charge for quite some time. A good purchase! (£24.99 from Amazon.)

It's nice to be back home! 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment