Wednesday 14 October 2015

Burkish flag ready!

I had a bit of a panic, a while ago I had a rather nasty work data disaster - despite being careful to back-up my work files when a faulty drive corrupted my files those files were then backed-up over my copies! (I used a piece of software which automatically managed my back-ups.)

The Burkish Sultan, who's favourite moto was that famous
old Burkish saying: "Glass, bottle. Bottle, glass." Sage indeed.

Why am I telling you this? Because I just happened to have saved my Burkish infantry regimental flag designs onto this hard drive!

Anyway, the good news is that I have now modified my back-up strategy AND while clearing out my Cloud-based storage I discovered another copy of my Burkish flag design (I often make multiple copies of files precisely abecause I am paranoid about losing work). So here's my Burkish flag design in all it's glory...


I've tried to give the flag an 'Ottoman' feel to reflect the Middle-Eastern influence of my imaginary Burkish Sultanate. It's actually a little over-ornate compared to historical Ottaman battle-flags but I've borrowed and modified various different motif to create my Burkish one.

Some of my draft designs for a Burkish flag.

What I have to work out next is how to turn my digital design into a mini-flag to mount on my toy soldier's flag pole. Not difficult but I will double check some of the TVAG flag designs I got with the Funny Little Wars rules for sizing.

Practically speaking, I got some good tips for making flags from that prolific FLW enthusiast, Mr. Tim Gow. So I'm off into town to buy some double sided sticky tape! I'm looking forward to putting my printed design together as this will be the icing on the cake, so to speak...

Which reminds me, I must buy some tea-cakes today. My daughter is popping by for a visit!

1 comment: